Saturday 12 March 2011

Poster Design

I only noticed how bad the quality of my cutting work was when i printed this out in A2.
First i tuck a piece of card and made half a cm folds all the way around the edges so it would be slightly elevated the i continued to cut out the letters i Had hand drawn in, the numbers stud up whilst the letters were just cut out.

I thorte that if i pot sum coloured card underneath the box then maybe it would not look so bad... as you can see i was wrong.


after i carefully made my 0 0 sectioned it up and wrote the information inside i began to cut away at the gaps with a scalpel.
I saved all the cut out pieces and reassembles them on a table i was never planning on using them for part of my design but i do think it looks very interesting against the wooden background.


So this is what it looks like on its own with a plain black background i had to cut tiny slits is the paper to enable the numbers to stand
i placed my desing over a lampshade just to see what it would look like and i sort of like it, makes a really nice photograph but not a vey good poster.
I do like the thorte of the number coming off the page and sitting behind one another but i think the angle of my photography is off in this one.
this one i think is a little better if u pay no attention to the hand in the background although if i was to use this as a poster it would need a lot of work.
After putting the image into photoshop it was easy to manipulate the image into a aesthetically pleasing form/
i experimented with different  colours in the gaps, shadows and layouts.
MY FINAL POSTER DESIGN!!!!!!
I really think this is the best poster i cam up with i love the colour the shading and the layout.
I realy like thw orange in this imahe but it renders the text just to hard to make out.
This is the original photograph that i tuck to make make the final piece with.
Hanging my work from the ceeling seemed like a grate idea at the time but proved useless. i was unable to get a half decent photograph of it and it ended up falling and getting damaged, bad move.

No comments:

Post a Comment